Wednesday 9 September 2015

The summer holidays are over...

Back to life, back to reality.

It's the first day of school, I don't know about you but I am sad. Seven weeks have gone by, just like that..vanished! We didn't manage to do a lot during the school holidays because of work commitments, I was going to work in the morning and Mike was leaving as soon as I got back to go work the night shift. It was like a tag team match. We DID book a camping weekend but Mike decided he'd rather get cellulitis in his leg and stay in the damn hospital instead. Bless him. But seriously, I've really loved just having the company of both my boys. We camped out in the back garden, complete with a fire and marshmallows, well it's not camping without them, is it?
The house has been loud, full of life and mostly messy but I've enjoyed every minute of it. There's been no rushing and no time schedules, just lovely lazy days.
Now they've both gone off into their new school year, Year One for Charlie bear and Year blimming Five for Harvey poo-pie. That just means one thing for me, they're growing up, and way too fast for me to handle.
I'll admit I am counting down the hours until I see them again, I can't wait to give them the biggest cuddle and tell them just how much I've missed them.




I love that these photos look like prison mugshots, when they have to hold up the board.. 😁


I hope all your children have or have had a brilliant first day back, and for those who got emotional, I feel you.

I vlogged the morning, for those of you who'd like to see, the link is below.
http://youtu.be/awivomflBo4

Take care
X

No comments:

Post a Comment